Temporary Lunchtime Supervisor
To work under the direction and instruction of senior staff to provide the care of the children during the school lunch break.
Supervision of Pupils
• Where the children dine away from the school, escorting them to and from the school dining room.
• Supervision of children before, during and after the meal, including the supervising of children to deposit leftover food from plates into receptacles provided.
• Supervision of children bringing sandwiches - to oversee that the debris left by children with packed lunches is removed/cleaned.
• Summoning help, where necessary, in case of injury or illness and providing basic first aid for minor injuries.
Support to Pupils
• Assisting the children with their table manners and use of cutlery, and assisting with the cutting of meat etc for smaller children.
• Patrolling the playground and “out of bounds” areas regularly.
• Organising games and activities.
• Responsibility for ensuring that the dining room equipment is hygienically maintained.
• Help to maintain a safe working environment for pupils and staff by continuously monitoring dining and general circulation areas for food/drink spillages and taking prompt and effective action to deal with any such hazards in accordance with local procedures Support to School (this list is not exhaustive and should reflect the ethos of the school)
• Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons you are responsible for or come into contact with.
• Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
• Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
Hours per week: 10 hrs 50 minutes
Closing date for applications: 23rd of October 2018
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: £8.55 /hour
Please complete the application form, recruitment monitoring form and health questionnaire and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org